Also, have been doing small, fun things this weekend, like going to the Halloween store and trying on pieces of costumes (the Brunhilde helmet with horns and braids attached was my fave). We have been invited to a Halloween party next weekend, so we have to decide what to dress up as already. JP struck on the idea of us going as Tea Party Republicans and I have to admit some of his ideas are pretty damn funny. I have some hippie clothes - maybe I will go as his counterpoint.
Today, we took some friends to Guenther House for breakfast and afterwards we came home and played a couple of board games. This is the second time we have done this and it's been a lot of fun. I am not really a board games kind of gal - in my secret heart of hearts, I am fiercely competitive and a sore loser. It's hard to break free of that, even though everyone else at the table just wants to have fun. It's a stupid hang up of mine and I need to get over it already.
ANYWAY, long story short (too late!) - my weekend basically told me, "Buck up, little camper!" And I did.
And now, I bring you: 30 Days of Blogging meme
2. 20 Facts About You
- I am a Mexican-American woman
- I am 40 years old
- I live in San Antonio, TX
- I have lived in 11 different apartments/houses in my life
- I have never been married
- I am a homeowner (scary!)
- I am a liberal (also scary, at least here in Texas!)
- I work for a Fortune 500 company that does a variety of financial services
- I just celebrated my 14-year anniversary at said company
- Even though I've been there 14 years, I have absolutely no seniority; almost all my co-workers have 20+ years of service
- I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, with an English minor
- I plan on pursuing my Master's Degree next year (FINALLY) on my employer's dime
- I graduated high school 5th out of 590 students...a very long time ago
- I have attended 11 different schools
- I have ridiculously wide feet. This is not subjective - it is fact. Finding a shoe that is not horribly painful is nothing short of a miracle.
- I have never had to stay in a hospital and I have never had a broken bone (knock on wood)
- I have been to 11 different countries outside the U.S. So far.
- I have put my name on a list to travel to India and/or Mexico for work next year (Country #12 if I get India!)
- JP and I are going to Alaska in less than 3 weeks in the hopes that we will see some aurora borealis.
- I am out of facts!
That was harder than I thought!
1. Introduction and recent photo
2. 20 facts about you
3. Your favorite quote
4. What are you afraid of?
5. 10 songs you love right now
6. Your 5 senses right now
7. Your pet hates
8. What's in your handbag?
9. What are your worst habits?
10. What's your best physical feature?
11. List 15 of your favorite things
12. What's inside your fridge?
13. What is your earliest memory?
14. If you won the lottery...
15. Timeline of your day
16. What's at the top of your bucket list?
17. What is your most proud moment?
18. The meaning behind your blog name
19. What do you collect?
20. A difficult time in your life
21. Your 10 favorite foods
22. The best thing to happen this year
23. Your dream job
24. Your favorite childhood book
25. Your 5 favorite blogs
26. An old photo of you
27. Post your favorite recipe
28. What are you looking forward to?
29. Where have you travelled?
30. What's in your makeup bag?
31. Why do you blog?